One of my favorite things about vegetables is the beautiful colors and the vast range of colors you find in them! I love that making a dish with different veggies could mean that your dish is a beautiful multicolored dish. It can be so exciting! I also love that all of these are directly from nature. God is so amazing that He created all these stunning foods. Just so people like me can write about how awesome they are. Am I the only one who is all consumed by the colors? I could be.
I made this sandwich on a whim last weekend because I am truly sandwich obsessed (do I obsess over too many things???) and had a craving for alfalfa sprouts. Man let me tell you that the flavors in this sandwich really blend perfectly! The only note about it is that it is messy. Maybe go with a bigger bread or don't pile quite as high as I did. But hey, messy or not, this was just what I was craving.
The veggies I put on my sandwich were tomatoes (I used strawberry tomatoes), avocado, red onion, orange bell pepper (capsicum), alfalfa sprouts, button mushrooms, and cucumber. And feta cheese, which is not a veggie. Just in case you didn't know. :)
But come on guys! Look at how big this sandwich is! And its all vegetables! So incredibly fresh and perfect for a summer afternoon.
Vegetarian Sandwich | Printable Recipe
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 button mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 orange bell pepper
- 4-5 strawberry or cherry tomatoes, or a few slices of large tomato
- a few slices of cucumber
- handful of alfalfa sprouts
- a few slices red onion
- handful of crumbled feta cheese
- deli meat if you don't want vegetarian
- mayonnaise, as desired
- Dijon mustard, as desired
- Slice your veggies as you desire.
- Spread desired amount of mayonnaise and Dijon mustard on your bread.
- Pile your veggies and cheese on the bread, in any order.