Hi everyone! Its me again, Heidi from Bits of Sunshine, if you saw the post earlier in the week on the caramel treat/Dulce De Leche - and now (as promised) I am going to be sharing banana and chocolate caramel surprise muffins..
..aaannnd the general healthiness seems to lower! :) I used dark chocolate, which apparently is a tad bit better for you.
Oh well! Now the muffin bit starts. The list of ingredients is pretty standard:
cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla flavour. Like a typical mixture you mix em up well.
cocoa is a bean)
caramel treat on top of the mixture.
Ok - so there you have it - yummy and easy! Here is one last shot at the muffin...
Banana & Chocolate Caramel Surprise Muffins | Printable Recipe
- 500ml cake flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 1ml baking soda
- 2ml salt
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 250ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 100g chocolate chips
- 5ml vanilla flavouring
- caramel treat
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Alternating, add the eggs one at a time, and the flour mixture to the butter and sugar
- Add the banana and chocolate chips and stir well
- Fill prepared cupcake holders 1/3 fill
- Add a teaspoon of caramel on top of the mixture
- Full 3/4 full with the remaining mixture - be sure to cover the caramel
- Bake at 180 C for about 20-25 min or until golden brown