Oh never mind!
Now shall we get on to the recipe? I wont make you wait any longer.
Thank you for your patience. Its much appreciated.
Time for assembly. Not too bad on the ingredients right? I decided to leave out the ever popular capers for my dish, because, if I'm going to be quite honest, I don't want to buy too many ingredients that are going to last me more than the three weeks that we have left here. But feel free to add it in yours. I'm sure it would be fabulous, but just make sure to leave out the salt if you do, because capers are quite salty.
My husband didn't think he would like this one. He is a little bit of a picky eater (I love you!!!), and of course, I left out the avocado for him, but he was thoroughly impressed! I was happy for him trying it at all. And I like the homemade version a lot better than ones I have gotten eating out. You'll be impressed by how easy it is to make too! I hope you guys enjoy it.
- 2 Parmesan or everything bagels
- 200g (7 oz) fresh smoked salmon
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (or as much as desired)
- 1 lemon (for about 2 Tbsp lemon juice)
- a few slices red onion
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped dill, divided
- freshly ground salt and pepper, as desired
- capers (optional - I left out)
- Cut bagel in half and toast if desired (I didn't)
- Combine avocado, cream cheese, 1/2 Tbsp dill, about 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (or as much as desired), salt and pepper in a bowl. Mash with a fork to combine, but leave slightly chunky.
- Spread this mixture onto cut bagel
- Put about 100g (3.5 oz) smoked salmon on each whole bagel, 1.75 oz on each half.
- Top with more lemon juice, as desired, and more dill.
- Serve immediately