We have made a major decision, and we are moving up to Portland for a while. We have been staying with my brother and SIL, but we found an apartment of our own, and we are moving in on Monday! We cannot be more excited! We have been married for almost 2 1/2 years, and we have yet to use our wedding gifts! Isn't that crazy?? This will be the first place of our own that has our own furniture, and our own decorations in it, since we have been married. We lived in a furnished apartment in New Zealand, and since being back home, we have been with family. We are so excited to be on our own, using our own stuff, and being able to decorate the way we want. I am also most excited about finally using the kitchen, and being able to store my food props!
We are back in Reno for the week packing up our stuff, which is why things are so crazy in this neck of the woods. This all happened kind of fast, which is why I am a little unorganized with my posting. If I had any brains I would have thought to have someone guest post for me, but since I didn't, this will be the only post of the week. I apologize for that. We will be up in Portland and moving into our new place early next week, so yet again, it will be insane for a while and there probably wont be another post until late next week. I feel like I am always saying "bear with me right now" but I am going to say it again.
makes about 36 cookie bars
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz) bag mini Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease a baking sheet that has a lip very well(use a larger one).
- Combine the flour and baking soda in a small to medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or a large bowl and a electric hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars until combined and creamy on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Turn mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips and Oreos.
- Transfer the batter to the baking sheet and press in well using a rubber spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.