No, I'm not pregnant... that I know of anyway.
We are moving again.
In a few weeks.
And its to another country again.
Were moving to Vancouver, Canada.
You see, Matt got a preeeeeeeeeeeeetty awesome job. And me, I just follow him around. I'm lucky that he allows me to do that.
Remember that post about how I have the perfect job for being married to an animator? Well we've been sitting on it since then. It wasn't finalized of course then, which is why we didn't want to share the news until it was.
He will finally be working on movies!! Since he started this animation career, its been all he can talk about. He has always wanted to work on movies, even before he knew he wanted to be an animator. He would watch Toy Story and say things like "it would be so cool to be the person who makes them look alive", and now he will get to do just that. And be seen by people all over the world. I'm so proud of him!
So yes, Canada. Another country. Not the USA.
I said when we came back from New Zealand that I didn't want to leave the USA again - to live I mean. But lo, life takes you places you would never expect.
Really though, I am very excited, and most excited for my husband and his new job. It will be a tough move, especially since we now have just over three weeks until we leave. Yeah... right after Christmas.
I'm sure you can imagine the things that are going through my mind right now. I mean, we JUST moved into our new place, got all the boxes unpacked (oh yes and definitely threw the boxes and peanuts away), signed a 7 month lease, and less than two months later, we are breaking the lease and heading out of the country.
Then there is the cell phones that we signed a two year contract for, and our niece who came into the world just over a week ago (I am so happy that we were able to be here though for her birth and the first little bit of her life - I am going to miss her!), and the thousand other things that need to be done.
We haven't even started packing yet. Where do we even start?
So these cookies... they're good. And easy. And only six ingredients. And only one bowl (or your stand mixer). And no fat. So really, they're practically good for you. Those seem like great reasons to make them. Don't you?
And they are gooooooooooooood.
I tried to send them to work with Matt, but he wouldn't let me because he wanted them all to himself. And there was two dozen... So I helped him eat them too.
Try them, and give them away as gifts... if you can. I wont be surprised if it doesn't make it further than your kitchen :)
makes two dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or a baking mat
- Cream peanut butter and dark brown sugar in stand mixer until mixed and fluffy. Add in the baking soda, and mix until combined, and then add the egg.
- Stir in the oats until combined.
- Grab about 1 Tbsp chunks of batter, roll into balls and press lightly onto the baking sheet, until slightly flattened.
- Press in 5 or so of the chocolate chips into the top of the cookies (as many as you would like), and bake about 6 minutes, and remove to let cool.