Since it is so close to the holiday of love, I wanted to give you plenty of time to make these cute little things for your loved one, or for your kid's class, or workmates, or just for yourself. I wont judge you for doing that I promise ;)
Aren't they the cutest with the minis schmushed into the top of the normal sized
And the even better part...
They taste good!! Isn't that so great? Haha, I certainly wouldn't be sharing them with you if they weren't good.
Ok, so the fact that these guys (and gals) sit at a computer screen 10 hours of the day and probably don't get homemade food, let alone desserts too often, might have something to do with the comment. But I'll take compliments where I can get them ;)
I'd love to see what you come up with!
So what are your plans for V-day? Matt and I are staying in, cooking a fun meal together (still up in the air what that will be) and kicking back :) Hope your guys' is filled with love... and cupcakes!
makes 14 large and 12 mini
for the cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line 14 large cupcake tins with liners, and 12 mini cupcake tins, or however many you want.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla until combined. Turn the mixer on low and alternate adding the flour mixture and water, until fully combined. Add in the melted chocolate and then stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min for the regular sized, and 15-18 for the minis. Allow to cool completely while you make the frosting.
- 1 (7oz) container marshmallow cream
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy and add in the vanilla.
- Add entire can of marshmallow cream and beat until combined
- Add in powdered sugar and mix on low until combined.
- Decorate cupcakes as desired and adorn with valentines sprinkles if desired.