Its to bring sunshine and Biscoff to your Friday.
I know, it's so so bad!
But oh so good! Sometimes you just need a little bit of bad! These little sinful treats are the perfect indulgence for a Friday after Valentines Day. Because I'm sure you didn't get enough chocolate and champagne yesterday ;)
I didn't foresee these little pieces of Heaven (or Hell since I did call them sinful...) coming to the blog, but when a husband is in need, a wife comes to the rescue, and this is what I was craving at the moment.
If you have been reading my blog for a little while, you may know that I don't typically like making normal cookies. I will make a normal one if it screams out to me, but I usually tend to either go the lazy way with making cookie bars or I just want to do something a little different with adding a cakey texture to a cookie. These cookie cups are no exception!
I wanted something a little different, and I thought a cookie cup would be the perfect excuse to
Oh yeah. I did that.
In case you forgot already, let's look again at what's in these babies.
These cookies are similar to some "normal" cookies I made a while back, which were also pretty fantastic, but I must say I love the chunk of Biscoff spread in these cookie cups. But if you're looking for slightly less Biscoff-y taste (although I don't know why you would want less...), you can check out my Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are amazing too, so you wont be sad about making those either.
But back to the cookie cups.
You want to see it?
Yeah I know you do. I did too. So I had to get a picture of it.
Here you go.
Oh what? You need the recipe? Ah yes, that.
Just two more things before I leave you with the recipe. My best blogging friend Heidi of Bits of Sunshine just came out with her first recipe book! And she featured one of my recipes in it!!! I am so excited for her, for me for the recipe feature, and for YOU! Shes giving away a couple copies on her blog! Go check out her new recipe book: Bakes & Treats and enter to win :)
And last thing. Please let me know if you are having trouble pinning my images. I heard there was a problem with that, so I tried to change a couple things to make it better, and I'm hoping that didn't cause any other problems in the meantime. Let me know if you are having problems. Thanks guys!
Ok here you go :) I hope you all have a fantastic weekend filled with sunshine, warmth and Biscoff! I know I will only get one of those, but I hope you get more than that :)
makes about 36 cookie cups
- 1 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini, but to your preference)
- 15 Biscoff cookies, lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup Biscoff spread, divided (about 1/2 tsp per cookie cup)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C, and grease a mini muffin pan well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and both sugars very well, about 5 minutes. You want the mixture to be light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the egg and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, mix until combined, then mix in the chocolate chips and crushed Biscoff cookies. Reserve the Biscoff spread for a moment.
- Scoop about 1/2 Tbsp of dough into each muffin cup and press down with your fingers to make a bowl or "cup" shape. Grease your fingers if needed.
- Once all the "cups" have been made out of the dough, drop in about 1/2 tsp Biscoff spread into the top of each cookie cup until all have been filled.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, until starting to get golden brown. Let cool slightly before devouring :)