Do you all know Julie of Table for Two blog?
If you don't, you really should get to know her. She's, well, fabulous.
And she's getting married at the end of the month (really, no joke), and a few of us bloggers are throwing her a virtual bridal shower today.
So... surprise Julie!!! Happy virtual bridal shower!!!!
When Megan (Wanna be a Country Cleaver) asked me if I wanted to be a part of Julie's virtual bridal shower, I quickly jumped at the opportunity, because, as aforementioned, Julie is fabulous.
She is another blogger I met via Instagram. I am starting to think Instagram is the new dating site, except for making friends. I have met tons of bloggers from there, and Julie and I became fast friends.
We hung out back in September in Portland and basically got fat from eating ice cream, doughnuts and biscuits. A food blogger's heaven, naturally.
Julie has such a kind heart (have you seen the book she sent all the way across the states to me because I had a hard time finding it?), and she is also TONS of fun to hang out with. I can't wait to hang out with her again in May, and again when I come knocking at her door one day in the near future ;)
Julie's wedding colors are purple and silver, so I immediately knew I had to make something with these colors for her virtual shower. Knowing how much fun she is, I started channeling my inner Julie, coming up with the type of cocktail she would want served at her bridal shower.
When I think of Julie, the first thought that comes to mind is how strong of a woman she is. This cocktail is also a strong one, so it takes after her. She is also kind hearted and sweet, like blueberries, and this drink is sweetened with blueberry juice. How do blueberries have kind hearts, you ask? I don't know, they just do! So there! And so does Julie! :) And also like Julie, this drink has some sass and sparkle with the addition of champagne and blue curacao, so all in all, this is the cocktail that makes me think of Julie.
I lined the rim of the martini glass(es) with silver sugar, which after getting sploshed around a bit, ended up landing inside the cocktail, giving the purple drink a silver hue and tiny bits of speckles.
Not to fret though, a little silver sugar never hurt anyone.
It might even add a little extra character.
Next time you need a cocktail to serve, how about doing it in honor of Julie, and serve this Blueberry Bliss Cocktail, but in the meantime, join me and the other lovely ladies of the blogosphere, and wish Julie a HAPPY VIRTUAL BRIDAL SHOWER!!!!
Raising a glass to you Julie! Thanks for being so fabulous, and a huge congrats to your wedding and new adventure of being a wife (and welcome to the "W" club!!!)
Make sure to check out what these other lovely ladies are cooking and baking up for the shower :)
- PNW Smoked Salmon Crostini by Megan of Country Cleaver
- Easy Cappucino Mousse Cups by Rachel of Rachel Cooks
- Confetti Popcorn by Cassie of Bake Your Day
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake by Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Butterscotch Biscoff Chunk Blondies by Tara of Chip Chip Hooray
- Chicken Enchilada Cups by Ali of Gimme Some Oven
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Purple Buttercream Frosting by Lauren of Climbing Grier Mountain
- Chocolate Eclairs with White Chocolate Drizzle by Rachel of Baked by Rachel
- Spring Onion and Parmesan Mini Quiche by Kathryn of London Bakes
- Chicken Salad Crostinis by Claire of The Realistic Nutritionist
- 1/2 c blueberry juice (I used Ocean Spray)
- 2-3 Tbsp blue curacao (as much as needed to get desired purple color)
- 1/2 c Prosecco
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Wet the rim of martini glass with water and place in bowl filled with silver sugar. Twist to coat rim with silver sugar.
- Place blueberry juice and blue curacao in a glass and stir until turns purple. Add more blue curacao if needed to get desired purple.
- Add remaining ingredients, and place in shaker with ice and shake and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with blueberries
- Enjoy responsibly!
Carla's Confections original