The month of May that is. And you can call these Rice Krispies crazy GOOD too, but we'll get there in a bit.
First, I need to tell you about this month.
And how it is going to be over in a flash because it is the cuh-raziest month ever for me.
First, I am getting a visit from my most favoritest niece ever! (Also my only niece, but that isn't the point).
My bro, sis-in-law and niece arrive tonight, and will be here until Monday.
That is, until May 17th arrives.
Holy heck guys! In two weeks from today I will be arriving (at midnight mind you...) in Orlando, FL!!!!
Yeeeeeeee-ahh! Bring on Walt Disney World, and Food Blog Forum baby! This girl is nervous/excited and just down right giddy because I get to meet tons of amazing foodies and great friends, eat tons of good food, learn a lot, get a tan, and play in the parks. Seriously getting excited.
Less than two weeks! Holy wow!
Not only will I be in Florida, but I made the brilliant decision (insert eye roll here), to drive from Vancouver (Canada, not Washington...) to Portland, THEN fly from Portland to Orlando, back to Portland and then drive Portland to Vancouver again.
Insert dead-woman-standing here.
Then two days after I get back to Vancouver, a friend who was a bridesmaid in our wedding (and we haven't seen since the wedding!!!) is visiting us for a week!
Sooooooo beyond excited for that! But also, I hope I am awake during her visit, because, well, do I need to explain?
But we will let future Carla worry about that. And at least all this craziness is good crazy! I might be dead by the time July rolls around, but at least I will be a happy dead girl! ;)
Sorry for being so happily morbid...
They are basically Biscoff Genius.
Please, oh puhhhh-LEASE tell me you have tried Biscoff by now.
I mean, I have posted it enough here that I should have you drooling over the stuff by now. Yes?
If not, get off YO heini (sp??) and go get a jar and eat it by the spoonful.
No one will judge.
Then get yo butt back home and make these crazy good Toffee Bits and Biscoff Rice Krispies!
Then when it comes time to mix in the cereal into the melted butter and marshmallows, throw in some toffee bits (found in the baking isle next to the chocolate chips) as well, stir together, press into a Pyrex casserole dish (9x13).
Let that baby set up a bit and melt some Biscoff spread in the microwave just slightly, and drizzle over the top.
Boom! Bam! DONE!
Cut into squares and try not to yell out loud when you take a bite.
You'll have the urge. They are that good.
Resist the urge.
I'm off to go stare at my calendar and pull my hair out.
makes about 15 (2") squares
- 250g (8.8oz) bag large marshmallows (plain)
- 1/3 c salted butter
- 6 c plain Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 c toffee chips
- 1/4 c Biscoff spread
- Grease a 9x13 Pyrex casserole dish well.
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. When butter is almost fully melted, add in the large marshmallows.
- Allow to sit for about 30 seconds without stirring, then stir butter and marshmallows together while they melt. Stir frequently until fully melted.
- Remove from heat once fully melted, and stir in cereal and toffee bits.
- Press into casserole dish (NOTE: it helps if your hands are greased.), until spread out and all same depth.
- While that is setting slightly, place Biscoff spread in a microwave safe dish, and microwave about 15-20 seconds, or until Biscoff is runny enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle heavily over Rice Krispie treats, and allow to set completely.
- Cut into squares and store in airtight container for up to a week.
Want more recipes with Biscoff? Look no further!
Double Biscoff and Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Biscoff Banana Oat Cookies
Biscoff No-Bake Energy Balls
Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies
Biscoff Banana Muffins
Now go forth, buy Biscoff, and make some goodies :)