Super soft and chewy funfetti and chocolate chip cookies that are thick like cake batter.
Once upon a time there was a boy...
Hold on. That's wrong. We're not in a fairytale here.
The real story is this:
There was once a boy who wanted to be an animator.
Girl liked boy. Boy liked girl. Boy married girl and moved her to three different countries for his job. (Luckily, girl's job allows for such moves. #foodbloggingrocks)
Boy found a job in Vancouver, BC working on a movie. Boy was told job would last more than 6 months.
Boy and girl were sad when that ended up not being the truth.
How is THAT for a story???
So.... yeah. The job we thought would last a good long time... didn't.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has wrapped for animation, and due to scheduling, instead of rolling everyone onto another project, the company let everyone go.
Big sad face.
So here we are - yet again - looking for the next job.
But this time we are determined to have fun doing it. We have made a Vancouver bucket list!
So far, we've been to Whistler, done the Grouse Grind (aka the hike of death), Granville Island, bike/hike by Lynn Creek, had dinner on a roof top, and probably more that I am forgetting.
You could say the hubs is trying to make me not work.
If he can't then I can't - or so he is trying to make me think.
HE is the reason for no Donut Friday last week.
Seriously. Blame him.
But I do have to say, I LOVE spending time with him, and after a couple months of him working 12 hour days and Saturdays, this is a breath of fresh air. Quite literally. You should see our tan lines. *ahem*
They're kinda fantastic.
Ok really fantastic.
And maybe it's not "traditional" cake batter cookies... but they are thicker like cake, and I liked the name.
So sorry for that confusion.
But you'll love these either way :)
We ate about 30 of them after the hike of death this morning.
Maybe that's an exaggeration, but maybe it's not...
You'll never know. ;)
makes roughly 18 cookies
- 1 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- heaping 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup funfetti sprinkles (more or less as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C, and line a large baking sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and the egg and beat to combine. Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add flour mixture, beating to combine. Turn mixer off, and stir in chocolate chips and sprinkled with a spatula.
- Using a 2 Tbsp size cookie scoop, scoop batter onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, until starting to golden on the sides.
- Remove and allow to cool before consuming.
© Carla's Confections 2013
HERE are more cookie recipes!! (Click on pictures for recipe)