If you are stopping by my blog first, make sure you head over to Heidi's blog to check out the rest of the details on the giveaway. To give you a heads up, you will see some similar pictures here and on her post, and some different ones. You will find the recipe for the cake on Heidi's blog, and the recipe for the frosting here. In order to be a part of the giveaway, you will need to leave a comment both here and on her post. But I will give more details later on. For now, lets get-a-lookin' at the frosting you see in the above picture!
last time I made it, just to be safe that I would have enough to pipe onto all of the cupcakes I made for the occasion. I mean, you can't have frosting and nothing to put it on right?! You want to see what I did with my frosting? I mean, I still have a lot of practicing to do with my piping, but I suppose that just means I will keep having to bake cupcakes, doesn't it?!?
So there you have it, the recipe for the salted caramel frosting. To get the cake recipe, make sure you head over to Bits of Sunshine, and leave a comment on both blogs in order to be a part of the giveaway! You want to see what you could be winning?
|Photo courtesy of BitsofSunshine|
makes a lot of frosting!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cream/heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened (salted is ok)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or kosher salt
- 4 cups icing/powdered sugar
- Start out with sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Give a stir or two to help along the dissolving of sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and stop stirring. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the caramel becomes a deep amber brown color, about 7-10 minutes.
- Pull mixture off the heat, and slowly stir in cream/heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cream the butter and salt in a bowl until fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar until fully combined and finish off with adding the caramel mixture until fully combined.
Contest is closed! Congrats to Dianna B for winning!!!!! :D Contact Heidi to claim your prize!
Thanks for stopping by!