Quick and easy homemade Garlic Hummus without Tahini!
I was hoping that I could get better photos than these too for the new post, but turns out that me and photographing hummus don't go well together.
This is still one of my favorite recipes to make, although I tweaked it ever-so-slightly this time.
Paprika and I are basically best buds, so I couldn't leave it out in the cold this time.
Hummus is a staple we keep around the house, and I just can't find any as good as my homemade version out at the stores.
Not to mention the fact that you have to take out a home mortgage to buy hummus.
Or is that just Vancouver?
Or go the classy way and dip cucumber slices into it.
Whatever tickles your fancy.
You know what I'll be doing.
Garlic Hummus without Tahini | Printable Recipe
makes about 3 cups
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
- 5-6 medium cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika, plus more for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
- Add all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth
- Put into desired dish and garnish with extra oil, paprika and parsley if desired.
© Carla's Confections 2013
Looking for more dips?